From well-established authors or newbie writers, these writing apps will assist you to write better.
Our Top Picks
Technology is here to give us a hand with our daily tasks, including ‘manual labor,’ like writing articles, a speech, a project, or an essay. In consequence, writing apps have arisen to give us the chance to be more productive. If you want to make the best of your writing, keep reading and learn about the best writing apps.
Top Writing Apps You Need To Try In 2021
Drafts 4 – Best Mobile Writing App
Drafts 4 app works as a digital notepad you can carry on your phone, anywhere, anytime. Developed by Greg Peirce, this app allows you to export your notes to other apps for writing, tag and organize your notes, and adjust the interface to your preferences. It’s available only for iOS.
Notable Features of Drafts 4 as one of the best writing apps
- An additional set of widgets with better-shared extension options
- Drafts provide its users with enhanced Automation
- You can customize your theme, app icon and so much more
Write – Best Mobile Writing App
A beautiful app designed for iOS, Android, and Mac that helps you take notes and keep a daily journal. It has an award-winning design, which will be easy to find that old note you took for your speech some days ago. You can use the touch screen feature you write using a stylus or your finger. All the tools like draw, erase, select, insert space, etc. are available in the wonderful app.Advertisement
Notable Features of Write as one of the best creative writing apps
- Editing tools
- Features of Passcode and FingerPrint for security
- Entries via typing and stylus.
OmniOutliner 2 – Best Apps for Writing
Until recently, OmniOutliner 2 was compatible just with Mac, but now you can also use it on your iPhone. Among its features, it allows you to create files, work in the cloud, manage files better and share files between devices. You can also choose from hundreds of templates and designs available to the designer. The app supports all the commonly used keyboard shortcuts.
Notable Features of OmniOutliner as one of the best writing apps
- Users can easily split the imported text into various separate sections
- Option to quickly navigate through sections using the binder sidebar
- You can track your ideas using labels or status, see the full picture.
- Flawless file sharing
- Work in the cloud.
Quip – Best Free Writing Apps
One of the great apps to take quick notes, Quip is there for you whenever you need to write an elaborate document. It is available for Mac and PC, and you can carry it on your Android or iOS devices. Also, users can use free tools like plagiarism checker for checking if the content is copied.
Quip has also been featured in our Best Note Taking Apps.
Notable Features of Quip as one of the best writing apps
- Full-featured spreadsheets that support more than 400 functions
- Options for real-time chat and messaging are integrated into the app
- It provides the comfort of organizing task lists for home
JotterPad – The good writing apps
This writing app allows you to export to PDF or DOCX and use the files on your computer. It’s free, but with a payment, you can unlock more features. Some consider this as one of the good writing apps available for Android users.Advertisement
Notable Features of JotterPad as one of the best writing apps
- It offers a built-in dictionary for searching for accurate words
- It comes with the option to connect with Google Drive and Dropbox to support offline writing
- The app includes dark themes, phrase searches, Markdowns, snapshots and so much more
iA Writer – Best Writing App
iA Writer is one of the apps with outstanding compatibility: it can work in iOS and Android. The interface is easy to use and has a good set of features. With this app, you can write an idea, a paper, a speech, whatever you need, whenever you need it.
iA Writer has also been featured in our Best Apps for Writing Essays.
Notable Features of iA Writer as one of the best writing apps
- It includes an inverted light-on-dark mode
- The app follows no custom file format or database
- It creates a clean, simple, and distraction-free writing environment for the user